as an AyurvedicVaidyasala in the year 1900 by late Dr.K. N. Kesari,
a pioneer ayurvedic physician at the dawn of the 20th century, with
name of "Kesari Kuteeram"(literally meaning the abode of
the lion). From humble beginnings this house of well known and trusted
medicines such as Lodhra & Amrita has had a continuous history
of committed service to the poor and the needy through its effective
and affordable medicines. The Company initially functioned from a
small office in the business
district of what was then Madras, shifted to Egmore in 1917; and started
operations in the more spacious and centrally located premises on
the West Cott Road, Royapettah, Chennai in the year 1937.
While the registered office of the company, is even today located
there, the manufacturing unit was shifted to its present location at
Injambakkam, on the southern outskirts of Chennai, off the East Coast
Road, in 1989. Kesari Kuteeram become a private limited company in
the year 1941.
Kesari Kuteeram Private Limited has been manufacturing and marketing
a range of Ayurvedic Proprietary medicines providing a meaningful healthcare
for more than a hundred years. Lodhra - a uterine tonic for women, has
enjoyed immense popularity over the years, not only in India, but
in the neighboring countries like Singapore, Malaysia and Srilanka.
The Company's products are also dispensed at Kesari clinic, Chennai,
where free medical consultation is offered by highly qualified and
experienced Ayurvedic Doctors.
Quality has always been the watchword of he Company be it in procurement
of raw materials of the highest standards or strict adherence to ethical
manufacturing practices, with constant adaptation to modern requirements.
The Company's products, time-tested for therapeutic efficacy, have
therefore been widely accepted by discerning users, over the years.